Monday, January 20, 2014

HELLO MONDAY

I’m starting the week with some hellos, linking up with the lovely Lisa Leonard. I stumbled upon her blog a couple of years ago, and I fell in love with her jewelry and family. She has a son with special needs, and her pictures and stories of him melt my heart.

Every Monday, she greets the new week, so here’s what I’m saying hello to this week - hoping these provide me with some much needed motivation. 

Hello dirty dishes waiting in the sink...you’ve only been waiting to be cleaned all weekend. Be grateful for your dishwashers. We’re renting right now and are without one, but when we own a home again, I think I will have a new appreciation for loading the dishes. Two things to be thankful for: (1) There’s only two of us. (2) The view outside my kitchen window. 

Hello Christmas tree that is still up. I excused it the first couple of weeks after Christmas. By the time we finally got unpacked from our move, I got to enjoy our Christmas decorations for a week or so before we left to visit family and friends for the holidays. I was in no hurry to put away our decorations when we got back. Fast forward a few more weeks and here we are, with our Christmas tree still glowing at night. I complained last night when I had to turn it off. We were watching Netflix, and the glow coming from the tree interfered with the Wii. When I disappointedly got up to turn the tree off, Chris sweetly reminded me that January is almost over. Whoops. It’s on my to-do list this week. 

Hello new baby. One of my college roommates is having her baby this week! I’m excited. I’m even more excited that I’ll get to play the role of fake auntie now that we live 20 minutes from each other. 

Hello North Carolina - I’ll be seeing you soon. Looking forward to a trip home to visit with my sweet family. 

Hello substitute application - really need to get working on you! 

Hello gym. I’ve started going to the gym once a week with our Children’s Minister. Once a week - I know, it’s not very impressive, but it’s a start! I literally have not worked out in years, and believe me, I feel every muscle. Becky is a fitness guru so it’s been fun and comical to participate in the workouts she puts together. 

Hello beautiful weather. I plan on enjoying the 60 degree weather for the day. 




Hello Monday. Hello to a new week, full of fresh grace. 

Hope yours is fantastic.  

2 comments:

  1. I love our weekly workouts :) And I love our new friendship xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sweet sister. SO glad you have the space and time to do this!

    ReplyDelete