Friday, June 28, 2013

TIME TO START

The other day, I was checking the few blogs I follow, and I stumbled upon this:






For the past few months, I’ve rolled around the idea in my head to start a blog. I love keeping prayer journals. I actually have those dating back to my eighth grade year. It’s amazing (and hilarious) to see how I have grown in the Lord since then. Just so you can laugh with me, here is a sample from my first prayer journal:

01/23/98 - 
Heavenly Father, you are such an awesome Lord, and I thank you so much for another day of life. Lord, I ask that you would take to heart the following concerns.

I like that I asked God to “take to heart” my concerns. What’s even better is most entry is very similar to this, followed by a page and a half of every thing ever I could think to pray about, including getting my dog to wake me up in the morning before she peed in the floor of my bedroom. I’m serious. 

Even though I laugh at myself SO many times as I look through these journals, I treasure them. They hold my struggles, my sin, my healing, my questions, and my heart. His faithfulness shines through them. It’s amazing to go back and see His hand working in situations when I couldn’t see it at the time. These moments make my heart leap, and as I’ve thought about how much these journals mean to me, I've wanted something similar to keep up with life in general. Day-to-day life, pretty things, work, trips, things I’m learning, projects, yummy recipes, and whatever else floats my boat will *hopefully* be here. 

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while and for whatever reason, I’ve just not started. Maybe it will even inspire me to tackle a few of those Pinterest ideas too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment